Sunday, August 6, 2006

Karakol

This is from a message to one of my communities of practice at the time, Webheads, sent on Sunday Aug 6, 2006, from the pleasant town of Karakol, which served us as a base for a week-long trek in the area, and as a recuperation stop when the trek was done.




I've been trekking in the mountains of Kyrgyzstan for the last 6 days and have not been anywhere near a computer in that time.

At the moment I've just returned from this trek, checked into a hostel in Karakol, stopped off for a very cold beer, very cheap and very tasty after 6 days of only water, coffee and tea, and popped by this internet cafe in time to get onto webheads, at around 14:30 GMT. And I find that Tapped In will not connect here, so hmmmm too bad.

If anyone in Webheads is checking email and can say hi to other Webheads for me, great. Other than that, I seem to have broken the little finger on my left hand from a moment coming down the steep side of a pass from 3900 meters, and I'm happy to see I can still use it to type.




Here are some pictures from one of Karakol's much anticipated weekly events, 
the crowded livestock market








Navigate back Home
or on to 
or back to 



No comments:

Post a Comment